Wednesday, November 12, 2014

My Champion!

Bull Riding at the Ephrata Fair
Here is Evan, my champion! His "ride" has not been easy, but he continues to SMILE! I have so much to learn from my 5 year old!
What do I have to say? I'm not a blogger, I'm not good with making my words sound eloquent or fancy. I'm just going to post an update and what God laid on my heart. God has given us Evan for a special purpose! There are so many people who care about him! So if your reading this, it's probably because you care....


My Kindergartner
First of all God is good. He has drawn us closer to Himself. He has brought Leon & I closer together...to each other and to our children. He has put a true love and sensitivity for others in our children's hearts. They will remind us to pray for others with a need! We are blessed with Evan who has a sweet, snuggly loveable side that overflows our "cups."


Field Trip
We were at Hershey Children's Hospital today, for a follow-up appt. I would love to tell you that Evan is so much better...BUT I praise God for a smidge of improvement on his new meds. We'll take a smidge :) Evan continues to have seizure activity every day. He is going to need extra learning support or a complete turn around (for the "cloud" to lift), in order to learn and progress at school. We are looking into some options and pray for wisdom in making decisions. Evan loves school, his teachers and his friends, but it is very difficult for him to learn with all the seizure activity going on in his brain.

Where do we go from here? One day at a time. We will continue Evan's Diet & food journal, meds, Ketone testing 2x a day, Seizure Log, etc. We continue trusting God to heal our little boy.

Typical Lunch on MAD Diet
Isaiah 26:3-4 - You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.   

Daniel 9:17-19 - “Now, our God, hear the prayers and petitions of your servant. For your sake, Lord, look with favor on your desolate sanctuary. 18 Give ear, our God, and hear; open your eyes and see the desolation of the city that bears your Name. We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy. 19 Lord, listen! Lord, forgive! Lord, hear and act! For your sake, my God, do not delay, because your city and your people bear your Name.”

Thank you for your continued prayers and support. We long for God to heal Evan through a miracle or through meds & diet. Prayers for wisdom, discernment and waiting on God's timing.
 






















No comments:

Post a Comment